Monday, May 11, 2009

Review: Sunday Bistro's Baked Pork Chop Rice

Had a chance to stop by Sunday Bistro and decided to give their Baked Pork Chop Rice another chance. The last time my wife and I had eaten at Sunday Bistro was years ago, so I was hoping that it was better this time around.

When the waitress brought the dish over, it certainly looked more promising than the previous time!



Per my first post on this blog, I judge baked pork chop rice on the following criteria:
  • Tomatoeness
  • Flavorful rice
  • Lightly fried pork chops
  • Amount of cheese
  • Overall texture
Sunday Bistro's Baked Pork Chop Rice:
  • Did not have enough tomato taste to the sauce.
  • Fried rice base w/ eggs and some mixed veggies; in fact, there were some sliced mushrooms thrown in - definitely the first time I have seen mushrooms in this dish!
  • Pork chops were lightly fried, pre-cut and plentiful.
  • Good amount of cheese.
  • Overall texture was a bit dry - ratio of sauce to rice was a bit off.
On a scale of 1-5 (with 5 being the highest), I give Sunday Bistro's Baked Pork Chop Rice a 4 rating. So far, this is the best in the San Gabriel Valley.

3 comments:

girlLawyer said...

Have you tried the one at JJ Cafe yet?

BakedPorkChopGuy said...

I have, however, it's been a while (maybe more than 3 years ago). From your question, I'm going to assume you recommend it?

I'll plan on visiting JJ Cafe soon for a formal review (with pics). Stay tuned...

girlLawyer said...

I've been going there on and off since my college days (less since graduating 7 years ago). I've always thought it was pretty good. I'm curious to see what you think since you're the expert!