Saturday, May 2, 2009

More Magazines...Especially at a Good Price

If you own a semi-automatic handgun, I'm sure the saying "you can never have enough magazines" sounds familiar to you. Well, I didn't think I would fall into that, especially when a single 10-round mag for my 9mm Walther P99 typically sells for $57 each.

So when I purchased my 1st generation Titanium P99, I thought I would be good since I got 4 mags to go with it. Well, that didn't turn out to be the case. I was lucky enough to find someone selling two new 10-round 9mm mags on one of the handgun forums I frequent. The seller was offering both mags with shipping for less than $42. You knew I had to jump on that deal!

The mags arrived today and I couldn't wait to try them out. Like the seller stated, both mags were brand new - although only 1 was still in its original packaging. In fact, the packaging was marked "Interarms".



If you're not familiar with Interarms, they were the first company in the US to import Walther P99s from Germany. They did this for about 3 years (from 1997 to 1999). So, it appears that I have brand new 10-year old magazines! I cannot believe that these have been sitting around for that long. Not that it matters, since they work fine in my P99. Now I have 6 mags and if I find a similar deal in the future, I'll have to jump on it too!

PS - Click here for a list of all known Walther P99 importers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CDNN is a great place to get magazines as well. Look 'em up.