Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Paying the Price Even When You Were Prudent & Responsible

Read this interesting article today regarding Ford Motor Company. My favorite line from the article is:
But the bottom line is that we live in a world where wisdom can be punished and where foolishness can be rewarded.
This is exactly how I feel with the government (Federal/State/Local) rushing to bailout homeowners, car companies, financial institutions, etc. Basically, name almost any group and they're probably in line asking for a bailout/handout.

I've railed on this before, but what happened to personal responsibility? Why is it that people look for excuses, blame other people, and expect others to bail them out? Why the fuck do I have to bail you out with my tax dollars for the mess you put yourself in? What happened to the American attitude of "pick yourself up by your bootstraps"?

It seems that attitude is long gone....only to be replaced by "you owe me" and "I don't need to work hard because someone else will take care of it." There will soon be more tax users (people who use up tax dollars while contributing nothing into the system) than actual tax payers. Makes me wonder why I should even work at all.

No comments: