Friday, August 7, 2009

SwitchEasy Colors iPhone Case Follow-up

Well, it's been almost a month now, so I thought I would post some thoughts on the SwitchEasy Colors case I have been using on my iPhone 3GS. (Read here for my initial impression of the SwitchEasy case.)

The SwitchEasy case continues to impress. The silicone that is used truly does not pick up lint or dust like the cheaper cases do. Even when I place the iPhone in my jeans pocket, I find little to no lint on the case when I pull the iPhone out. Also, I've taken the case off the iPhone many many times and the silicone is holding its shape really well.

The one item that has not held up well is the screen protector that SwitchEasy includes. After only a few days of use, noticeable scratch marks developed on the screen protector. While it's not a major issue, one would think that the screen protector would hold up better since the iPhone is a touch screen device that will undoubtedly get heavy use on a daily basis. (I'll have another post soon on a replacement screen protector that I ordered online and have used in the past with my previous cell phones.)

The best thing about the case so far has been SwitchEasy's customer service! After I received the Colors case, I wrote to SwitchEasy to inquire if they sold the included power jack connector protector and a headphone jack protector separately. Being that these pieces are small and easy to misplace, I wanted to find out if they can be replaced without having to buy a whole new case. SwitchEasy wrote back and informed me that they currently don't sell these pieces separately. However, they offered to send me an extra set if they get a return or if they have to write-off some cases due to damaged packaging.

I took them up on the offer and after about 2 weeks, an envelope arrived for me from SwitchEasy.



They kept their word and sent me a spare set of protectors for the power jack and headphone jack. Now that's what I call excellent customer service! eBay could learn a thing or two from them. :-)

No comments: