Saturday, August 8, 2009

Me: 1, eBay: 0

So after 11 emails to ebay/PayPal (to both Customer Support and Executive Escalations), we received the following yesterday:

From: executiveoffice@paypal.com
Subject: Re: Your Recent Inquiry (XYZ) :ppk1
To: "Me" <me@me.com>
Date: Friday, August 7, 2009, 2:56 PM

Dear Me,

My name is Cami and I work for the office of Executive Escalations. I want to personally thank you for contacting PayPal. Your concerns were recently forwarded to our office for review in the hope that we might be able to assist you further.

I have reviewed your Account and credited you the $48.00 USD for the cashback. I am sorry for the confusion.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused in respect of this matter. If you require clarification on any of the issues raised, please feel free to contact us directly at executiveoffice@paypal.com.

Sincerely,
Cami
Executive Escalations
PayPal, an eBay Company

Yes, you read that right. We were finally given the cashback that was rightfully ours. Why it took 11 emails before something was done is beyond me. Maybe it was my last email asking them specific questions on how items are considered ineligible spooked them? Or maybe my complaint about eBay to the Better Business Bureau (bbb.org) got eBay off their asses?

Anyways, I'm glad this ordeal is finally over.



Trust me when I say that I had given up hope on ever getting my cashback from eBay. It turned into a quest of finding out why I was denied and their cookie cutter responses (especially the ones with the blatantly false information) pissed me off to no end. It's too bad eBay didn't attempt to answer the questions from my last email. I would have loved to see if they could put together a coherent story on why they denied my iPhone purchase as being ineligible for cashback.

We'll write them a thank you letter for finally giving me my cashback and we'll leave it at that. I've had more than my fill of eBay drama.

No comments: