Sunday, July 12, 2009

Silicon Case for iPhone 3GS

After purchasing the iPhone 3GS, one of the first items I started looking for was a good silicon case to protect it. Don't laugh, as silicon cases do work - I had one on my Sony Ericsson M600i and it protected the phone on the few occasions that I accidentally dropped my phone. Each time, the silicon case served to protect the phone with not a single scratch on it.

Doing a few Google searches led me to the following YouTube review for the SwitchEasy line of silicon cases called Colors.



I also stumbled upon a website called iLounge.com that has done a ton of reviews on iPod and iPhone accessories. They gave SwitchEasy Colors an "A rating" and called it "Highly Recommended". So, I decided to order the Colors silicon case from SwitchEasy to give it a try.

Well, the case arrived yesterday and here are a few pics of the packaging (notice the iLounge rating on the top left corner of the front pic):



Once I opened it, I pulled out the silicon case, 2 screen protectors, a microfiber cloth, a squeegee card to use in applying the screen protector, a power jack connector protector, and a headphone jack protector.



Applying the screen protector was quite easy. I typically have a hard time with the less expensive screen protectors as I can never get the air bubbles out after applying; but with the screen protector from SwitchEasy, the few air bubbles I had were easily removed. Good stuff!

As for the silicon case itself, it's first rate! It's the nicest feeling silicon case ever. The texture is nice and smooth (no need to worry about it picking up lint and dust when you put it in your pocket), it's thick silicon to offer a good deal of protection, and the case fit perfectly around the iPhone (it lined up perfectly with all the iPhone buttons and openings).



I can see why the SwitchEasy Colors silicon case got such great reviews. A terrific initial impression by SwitchEasy! Now to see if the case lives up to its initial impression in terms of the silicon keeping its shape, the amount of protection the case provides, and if the silicon truly avoids the lint and dust that have plagued my previous silicon cases. More to come...


P.S. - My wife decided to surprise me with an accessory as well - a cute little Japanese phone holder for my desk. Obviously, since the wife gave it to me, I'll be using it. Check it out!

No comments: