Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Not Done with eBay Quite Yet

Well, after having some time to calm down and to think about eBay's last response to me, I've decided NOT to go away quietly. Here's the latest email salvo:

Dear Jennie,

Thank you for the reply. While I do not agree with the outcome/response, I will not continue to ask for the $48 that I believe I am rightfully due. I do, however, have questions about this ordeal that I expect you or your office to fully answer/disclose.

Here are my questions:

1) Your email states that you reviewed my account and matter thoroughly. Please explain to me what was reviewed. I'm particularly curious as to what you can review when one of the earlier exchanges I had with eBay/PayPal Customer Support resulted in the following quote: "On this situation, We don't have any option on our end if you were eligible for any cashback for your recent transaction for $600.00."

2) Your email states that "only certain items selected by eBay from time to time in its sole discretion will be eligible for Cashback Rewards." If the iPhone I purchased was not eligible, why does eBay advertise the 8% Cashback promo throughout the entire process? Surely, if eBay knows the item isn't eligible, eBay would remove that icon so as not to deceive its customers?

3) Your email states "eBay will notify you on the purchase review page of the Buy-It-Now transaction process if the item you wish to purchase is not eligible." Well, I never saw this messaging on the transaction page. Did your review above show that this messaging appeared?

4) If my iPhone purchase was not eligible, why do I continue to see the Cashback offer for other iPhones? Why would one iPhone purchase be eligible while another not be eligible? What is the logic or business rules behind that?

5) Why did it take over 5 email exchanges with Customer Support and a few exchanges with Executive Escalations before getting a semi-decent response? Since you have all the email exchanges, you will clearly see that I was given false information at least twice (once from Customer Support and once from Executive Escalations), was given generic template responses that showed that my emails weren't even read, etc. If you don't have all these email exchanges, I would be happy to forward them all to you.

I thank you in advance for your prompt response to my questions above.

Regards,
Me

I'm dying to see if eBay will respond and if they'll actually answer each question. Stay tuned...

PS - I decided to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and to the CA Office of the Attorney General regarding this incident. As you can tell, I'm pissed about this and will not go away quietly!

No comments: