Friday, August 28, 2009

The Dysfunctional Workplace

Can I tell you that I honestly hate the company that I work at!?! It has got to be the most dysfunctional company I've had the "pleasure" of working for in my career. This is the one place where shit never gets done and no one seems to care.

Honestly, I've never been at a place with such a lack of urgency, business sense and enthusiasm. Everyone just comes to work, does as little as possible and goes home. (And "NO", I do not work for the government. It's actually a private company...a family owned and family run company.)

What I hate is that I have all the responsibility, but none of the authority. All the authority resides with senior management. The senior execs love throwing their $0.02 in every chance they get and don't mind throwing a monkey wrench into the works even though the monkey wrench flies in the face of logic or a decision they helped make a few weeks earlier.

It's just a fucking nightmare working for these people. If I can just find a new gig, I would thoroughly enjoy resigning from my position!

No comments: