Sunday, August 23, 2009

Review: Class 302's Pork Chop Noodles

My wife and I were in Rowland Heights yesterday and decided to go to a small Taiwanese restaurant called Class 302 for lunch. If you're not familiar with Class 302, they're known for their Taiwanese Shaved Snow. I'm not much for shave ice, but shaved snow is a different story. I always order it here.



We decided to try their regular fare and I ended up ordering the Railroad Style Pork Chop Dry Noodle (with the name of Baked Pork Chop Goodness you know I had to order a pork dish).



The pork chop was fried but the coating was wet at the same time. The noodles were thick with a bit of sauce that had small pieces of pork. Mixed in were some chopped green scallions along with some lightly steamed cabbage.

I tried the pork chop first. The texture was gummy and the pork was bland. I then mixed everything together and it was better, but the dish was still rather bland. I ended up adding a ton of pepper to flavor the entire dish.

This was my first time having a Taiwanese dry pork chop noodle dish, so I'm not sure if the texture and flavor were authentic. However, it's not a fav, so I'd suggest just ordering the shaved snow.

Class 302
1015 S. Nogales St., #125
Rowland Heights, CA 91748
(626) 965-5809

Note: Class 302 is really small (hole in the wall small). If you go on the weekend for lunch, be prepared for a lengthy wait.

No comments: