Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Few New Firearm Accessories

It's been a while since I've written about my burgeoning Walther handgun collection (alright, I only own 2 handguns), but I thought I would share with you a few accessories that I recently acquired.

The first is a new shooter's bag. I purchased a Winchester brand shooter's bag from the local Walmart for $20. It's a handy little bag that is big enough to hold:
  • Handgun ammo (around 600 rounds)
  • Cleaning supplies
  • Holsters
  • Handguns
  • Spare Magazines


Next I purchased a set of Dillon Ammo boxes. I wanted something sturdier than the cardboard ammo boxes and foam inserts holding my 9mm ammo. These Dillon boxes look like they'll last for the long haul.




Finally, I purchased a magazine holder that securely holds 2 Walther P99 mags. As I had blogged back in May, the Walther P99 mags are extremely thin for being double stack mags. After a fair amount of research, I ended up getting the DeSantis Double Magazine pouch (model #A01BJGGZ0).




Normal retail for this leather magazine pouch is $45, but a seller on one of the gun forums that I frequent was selling one for $20. As you can see from the pic above, the mags fit perfectly and the leather is strong enough to take a good beating.

I'm actually hoping to acquire one more handgun. Any guesses as to what it could be? My one hint to you is that it will also be a Walther.

No comments: