Thursday, July 30, 2009

eBay Tells Me to Fuck Off

Well, I've finally reached the end of my eBay Cashback drama...eBay has basically said "Fuck Off" to me.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused regarding this matter. While we understand you may not be satisfied with this response, we have reviewed your account and the matter thoroughly and we feel that we have taken the appropriate actions or provided ample information to address
your concerns. Please be advised that further contacts regarding this matter will not change the outcome or our response.

Obviously, the bolded sentence is my emphasis, but you get the drift. Here's the full email for your reading pleasure:

From: executiveoffice@paypal.com
Subject: Re: Your Recent Inquiry (XYZ):ppk1
To: "Me" <me@me.com>
Date: Thursday, July 30, 2009, 11:23 AM

Dear Me,

My name is Jennie and I work for the office of Executive Escalations. I want to personally thank you for contacting PayPal. Your concerns were recently forwarded to our office for review in the hope that we might be able to assist you further.

Please refer to Section 5. Limitations of the eBay Terms for Microsoft Bing Cashback Rewards. In this section it states:

Only certain items selected by eBay from time to time in its sole discretion will be eligible for Cashback Rewards. eBay will notify you on the purchase review page of the Buy-It-Now transaction process if the item you wish to purchase is not eligible. Please review the purchase review page carefully before you commit to buy an item.

Additionally, you mentioned a previous purchase over $200.00 that was eligible or which you received $27.20 USD back from the program. Please allow me to clarify the terms of Section 1. Cashback Program. The maximum amount of Cashback Rewards per qualifying purchase is $200.00 USD. This means you may receive up to $200.00 USD back as a reward, with a $2,500.00USD per person cap.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused regarding this matter. While we understand you may not be satisfied with this response, we have reviewed your account and the matter thoroughly and we feel that we have taken the appropriate actions or provided ample information to address your concerns. Please be advised that further contacts regarding this matter will not change the outcome or our response.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again at executiveoffice@paypal.com.

Sincerely,
Jennie
Executive Escalations
PayPal, an eBay Company


Why does eBay/PayPal even bother telling me that I can write back with further questions if they've basically said it won't mean shit?!?!?!

Thanks for nothing eBay. I never saw any notification on the purchase review page when I purchased the iPhone that the purchase was not eligible for Cashback. Obviously, I have no proof, so eBay can say anything it wants.

eBay is willing to screw me over for $48. Well, guess what?!?! My lifetime value is much greater than $48 and eBay can be sure that I won't be making their website my first choice for locating a deal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't give up. I reported your blog to The Consumerist. Maybe they'll follow up with you and can help you out.

Good luck with getting your cashback.