Thursday, July 16, 2009

eBay Cashback: Part 2

Here's my second message to PayPal since the first reply didn't address my concern:
Original Message Follows:
------------------------
Form Message
customer subject: Why does Microsoft Cashback not show up?
customer message: Additional Information:

Dear PayPal,

This is my second email on this issue as I should have been more
specific with my first inquiry to you.

I made a single eBay purchase for $600 for an iPhone on June ##, #### (eBay Payment Sent Unique Transaction ID #XYZ) and had used the 8% Microsoft Cashback promo.

I notice that I have not yet been credited $48 for the cashback. This has happened before, so I wanted to write and inquire about it as I was hoping to use the cashback for further eBay purchases. (Note: It's because of the Microsoft Cashback promo that I have made more than a few $###+ eBay purchases within the past few months.)

Please advise as to when I can expect to be credited for the $48.

Regards,
Me
Here's their reply:
From: webform@paypal.com
Subject: Re: PayPalCredit (Routing Code: [Deleted]) ([Deleted]:ppk1
To: "Me" <me@me.com>
Date: Thursday, July 2, 2009, 4:46 AM

Dear Me,

Hello Me, my name is Kim, and I will be happy to assist you with your question regarding the Microsoft rebate.

Once you make a cash back-eligible purchase, an email is sent to your "My Messages" in your eBay account with instructions on how to claim your cash back.

Go to your My Messages in your eBay account and find the email with "cash back" in the subject line.

Click the "get cash back" button in that email to set up a Microsoft Live Search cash back account, or log in to your account if you already have one. Note: You must set up cash back account to receive Cash back rewards.

Your transaction can take up to 48 hours to post to your cash back account.

Your cash back purchase will be listed in your Live Search cash back account as "pending" for 60 days from the purchase date - in case you decide to return your purchase.

You can log in to your cash back account to view the status of your pending cash back savings.

When your available cash back balance is more than $5.00, the funds are automatically transferred to the PayPal account that you used to make the original purchase.

If it's been longer than 60 days, and you don't see your cash back in your PayPal History:

Keep in mind that some or all of the cash back may have been used to fund a recent purchase.

If you have an available balance in your PayPal account, that amount will be used first to fund a payment.

Please note that you may receive cash back rewards for up to $200.00 per session, with a maximum of 12 online sessions per account.

If you have exceeded the limit of permitted cash back rewards, eBay will notify you on the purchase review page of the Buy-It-Now transaction process.

Visit http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html for terms and conditions.

Have a great holiday weekend.

I appreciate the opportunity to assist you. We are committed to making your experiences at PayPal pleasant and rewarding.

Sincerely,
Kim
PayPal Customer Solutions
PayPal, an eBay Company
As you can see, all I got for writing a detailed inquiry was a template response from the customer support representative. Makes you wonder if she even read my email. I'm sure all she did was read the first few sentences and decided that the template response would cut it.

Well, it didn't cut it and I replied to her email rather than go through the PayPal support pages again. Unfortunately, I got another support representative and will share that email in the next installment of eBay Cashback.

No comments: