Sunday, July 19, 2009

eBay Cashback: Part 5

Here's my reply to Ric:
Dear Ric,

I appreciate the reply. Unfortunately, the template response you provided does not help for the following reasons:

1) I already have a Microsoft/Live.com/Bing Cashback account. I have made numerous transactions before AND after the transaction in question using the Cashback promotion. For each of those purchases, I always received an email from eBay detailing the Cashback amount. Unfortunately, for this particular eBay transaction (Item number: XYZ), I did not.

2) The eBay transaction was made on June 29, 2009. It has been over 48 hours and I still do not see Cashback for that $600 purchase (Unique Transaction ID #XYZ). I just checked my eBay messages again and there is no Cashback email for this transaction.

At this point, all I want is the amount due to me - which is $48 as I came through a 8% Microsoft/Live.com/Bing Cashback promotion for a $600 item. Can someone who has the authority at PayPal or eBay make this happen?

I have used almost all the Cashback that I have received for further eBay purchases. You can see it through my transaction history. One transaction failed to properly get credited, so why is this so difficult to get rectified?

Please advise.

Regards,
Me
This time, I received a response from eBay:
From: eBay Customer Support
Subject: [Deleted] Thank you for contacting eBay Support. ([Deleted])
To: "Me" <me@me.com>
Date: Monday, July 13, 2009, 5:02 PM

Dear Me,

Thank you for writing eBay in regards to your item #[Deleted] purchased without Microsoft cashback rewarded.

My name is Danielle. I understand your concern and I appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Me, I have reviewed your account and noticed this item is $600, which has exceeded the limit of $250 for the promotion.

You may want to contact Microsoft for more information on this page:

https://support.search.live.com/default.aspx?productkey=cashbackso&mkt=en-us\

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reply to this
email and let us know.

Sincerely

Danielle D.
eBay Customer Support
This email really pissed me off. First off, what Danielle states is completely untrue - just because my purchase was $600, it does not mean that it was ineligible for cashback. Looking at the eBay Cashback offer Terms and Conditions, it clearly states:

The Microsoft Bing Cashback Program provides cashback for up to 20 qualifying purchases per account on www.ebay.com. The amount of cashback will be determined by eBay, specified at the time of checkout on the "purchase review page" and equal to a percentage of the sale price (excluding shipping and handling fees, insurance fees and other such fees) ("Cashback Rewards"). The maximum amount of Cashback Rewards per qualifying purchase is $200.00 USD. In addition, all Cashback Rewards (including Cashback Rewards earned in connection with purchases made on websites other than www.eBay.com) are subject to the annual $2,500.00 per person cap set forth in the Program Terms.

Per the statement quoted, I am limited to getting back a maximum of $200 Cashback. It does not say that purchases over $200 is not eligible. By now, I am fucking pissed for the run around.

Not only did the representative get the terms wrong, they now want to punt me over to Microsoft. Stay tuned for my next post regarding the email I send to eBay management regarding this issue.

No comments: