Saturday, July 18, 2009

eBay Cashback: Part 4

Seeing that PayPal wasn't going to help me in any way, I next tried eBay and wrote the following through their support website:

Form Message: [Deleted]
Subject: [Deleted]

User Feedback: [Deleted]
User State: [Deleted]


Browser info: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1)
Gecko/20090624 Firefox/3.5

Help Contact Us Next Gen > Other

Message: Hello,

I made a purchase [deleted] for an Apple iPhone (Item number: XYZ) and had the Microsoft Cashback Offer of 8%.

The purchase was for $600, but I do not yet see the $48 cashback in my account. I emailed PayPal yesterday evening, but have yet to hear back from them.

Can you also advise? I made the purchase hoping that I would get the cashback so that we can shop for accessories on eBay. I have made a fair amount of $300+ purchases the last few months because of the cashback offer.

Regards,
Me
Well, I received a reply. Unfortunately, eBay kicked it back to PayPal:

From: eBay Customer Support
Subject: RE: [Deleted]Other [Deleted ] ([Deleted])
To: "Me" <me@me.com>
Date: Tuesday, July 7, 2009, 9:00 PM

Dear Me,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your cashback rewards.

Lisa, I went ahead and forwarded your message directly to a PayPal representative.

For future reference, they can help you even faster if you contact PayPal Customer Service directly with your PayPal questions. You can reach them by logging into your PayPal account and then sending a secure email from this page:

http://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/helpscr?cmd=_help&t=escalateTab

You can also contact PayPal by phone at 1-888-221-1161.

PayPal customer support agents are available to help you by phone during the following times:

4:00 AM to 10:00 PM Pacific Time, Monday through Friday

6:00 AM to 8:00 PM Pacific Time, Saturday and Sunday

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reply to this email and let us know.

Sincerely,
Victor Ba.

eBay Customer Support
Sigh...does anyone read anymore? I specifically said that I had contacted PayPal already. Yet they punt my inquiry back to PayPal.

Well, guess what kind of response I received from PayPal? I received the template response yet again:
From: ebay@paypal.com
Subject: Re: [Deleted] Other [Deleted ] ([Deleted]) :ppk1
To: "Me" <me@me.com>
Date: Wednesday, July 8, 2009, 5:41 PM

Dear Me,

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

Hello my name is Ric, I am sorry to hear about the situation regarding your Bing Cashback, and understand your frustration and concern over this issue. I am happy to assist you with your questions.

Once you make a Bing cashback-eligible purchase, an email is sent to your "My Messages" in your eBay account with instructions on how to claim your cashback.

1. Go to your My Messages in your eBay account and find the email with "cashback" in the subject line.
2. Click the "get cashback" button in that email to set up a Bing cashback account, or log in to your account if you already have one. Note: You must set up a cashback account to receive Cashback rewards.Your transaction can take up to 48 hours to post to your cashback account.

* Your cashback purchase will be listed in your Bing cashback account as "pending" for 60 days from the purchase date - in case you decide to return your purchase.

* You can log in to your cashback account to view the status of your pending cashback savings.
When your available cashback balance is more than $5.00, the funds are automatically transferred to the PayPal account that you used to make the original purchase.

If it's been longer than 60 days, and you don't see your cashback in your PayPal History:

* Keep in mind that some or all of the cashback may have been used to fund a recent purchase.
* If you have an available balance in your PayPal account, that amount will be used first to fund a payment.
Please note that you may receive cash back rewards for up to $200.00 per session, with a maximum of 12 online sessions per account.
* If you have exceeded the limit of permitted cash back rewards, eBay will notify you on the purchase review page of the Buy-It-Now transaction process.
Visit http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html for terms and conditions.

For questions on Bing Cashback, visit
http://www.bing.com/shopping/pages/faq.aspx?scope=cashback

We know situations like this can be difficult, so thanks for working with us. If you have more questions, visit our Help Center by clicking "Help" in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

Sincerely,
Ric
PayPal Consumer Support
PayPal, an eBay Company
By this time, my patience is clearly worn thin and I write again...

No comments: