Tuesday, July 21, 2009

eBay Cashback: Part 7

The back and forth continues.

I was surprised to get a response from eBay today. Here's what they had to say:

From: executiveoffice@paypal.com
Subject: Re: Your Recent Inquiry (XYZ) :ppk1
To: "Me"
Date: Tuesday, July 21, 2009, 2:30 AM

Dear Me,

Thank you for contacting PayPal. Please accept my apology for any difficulties you have experienced while using our service. I apologize; however we are unable to open attachments in emails.

As mentioned in a previous email, the item was not eligible for the Microsoft Cash Back offer, as the item exceeded the limit of $250.00 USD.

I again apologize for any inconvenience caused with respect to this matter. If you require clarification on any of the issues raised, please feel free to contact us directly at executiveoffice@paypal.com.

Sincerely,
Stephanie
Executive Escalations
PayPal, an eBay Company

I've had more than a few days to cool off, so this response is okay. Unfortunately, it's just a rehash of an earlier response. I honestly believe that no one at eBay or PayPal knows what their Terms and Conditions are for the Bing Cashback promotion. Again, it should not be this hard to answer my inquiry!

Of course, I write back.

Dear Stephanie,

Where does it say on eBay Terms for Microsoft Bing Cashback Rewards (http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html) that an item is ineligible when it exceeds $250? The only reference to a dollar amount in the Terms & Conditions is the following:

"The maximum amount of Cashback Rewards per qualifying purchase is $200.00 USD. In addition, all Cashback Rewards (including Cashback Rewards earned in connection with purchases made on websites other than www.eBay.com) are subject to the annual $2,500.00 per person cap set forth in the Program Terms."

Please note that I previously made a purchase over $250 and I did receive Cashback (see Item number:XYZ - it was a $340 purchase and I received $27.20 in Cashback for it).

Please advise. I do not understand why one purchase is eligible but a subsequent purchase is ineligible.

Regards,
Me


I play the waiting game again...

No comments: