Friday, July 17, 2009

eBay Cashback: Part 3

Here's my direct reply to Kim. Unfortunately, since my emails goes into a generic PayPal Customer Support email address, I wasn't sure if I would get Kim again. It was worth a try:
Original Message Follows:
------------------------
Dear Kim,

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, I don't believe you fully understand my question.

1) I already have a Microsoft Cashback account created and have been receiving almost immediate cashback into my PayPal account over the past few months when making eBay purchases through this promotion.

2) After I made the eBay purchase coming through the Microsoft Cashback promo through Bing.com (eBay Payment Sent Unique Transaction ID #XYZ), I never received an eBay message saying "You're eligible for Microsoft Cashback." I have for my other purchases, but not for this one.

My eBay purchase was for $600 and because I was going through the Microsoft 8% Cashback offer, I should be credited for $48. However, I have not yet received it and it
has been over 48 hours.

Please advise as I was going to use the $48 cashback amount for additional eBay purchases.

Regards,
Me

I got a new representative and here is the reply:

From: webform@paypal.com
Subject: Re: PayPalCredit (Routing Code: [Deleted]) ([Deleted]) :ppk1
To: "Me" <me@me.com>
Date: Friday, July 3, 2009, 2:49 PM

Dear Me,

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

Hello my name is Renato Cymon, I am sorry to hear about the situation regarding Microsoft Cashback, and understand your frustration and concern over this issue. I am happy to assist you with your questions.

Upon checking on your account, I've seen that the transaction that you pertaining about is an eBay purchase to Seller last Jun. 2x, 2009 for $600.00 and I'm not showing that you were credited for any cashback from Bing.com. I understand that you never got an email on your "eBay Messages" that you are eligible for instructions on how to claim your cash back. On this situation, We don't have any option on our end if you were eligible for any cashback for your recent transaction for $600.00. However, I do strongly suggest for us to check this one further and to clarify your concern. You may contact PayPal's Customer Service at 1-888-221-1161.

We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter, and wish you continued success on PayPal.

Sincerely,
Renato Cymon
PayPal Consumer Support
PayPal, an eBay Company

While this rep did appear to do the research, I was surprised to read "On this situation, We don't have any option on our end if you were eligible for any cashback for your recent transaction for $600.00." Is eBay fucking kidding me? eBay is working with Microsoft on a joint campaign to offer cashback through their sponsored listings and they don't have a fucking way to see if I was eligible!

This is a joke right? Did they actually believe that there would be no issues...that their systems were infallible? I guess so, because they still couldn't help me. The best they could do is ask me to call them to help clarify the situation? So, of course, I wrote back again:

Dear Renato,

I appreciate the reply.

Per your email, you've basically said that you have "no option" to help me. I take this to mean that PayPal is not willing to provide me the Microsoft Cashback in the amount of $48 for my $600 eBay purchase. Is this correct?

Before this purchase, I had always received the cashback with all my other eBay purchases when made with the Microsoft Cashback promotion. Why is it that for this purchase (eBay Payment Sent Unique Transaction ID #XYZ) I did not get the Microsoft Cashback? Why is PayPal offering a promotion where it cannot assist customers when there are issues?

Please provide me the name, email address and phone number of someone who has the authority to rectify this situation. I will not call PayPal's Customer Service number if I am not assured that I can get someone who can remedy this by offering me the $48 cashback or some other form of PayPal credit.

Regards,
Me
No response...

No comments: