Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"House of the Dead: 2 & 3 Return" for Nintento Wii

For those of you who remember the House of the Dead arcade game and enjoyed it as a kid, I just picked up "House of the Dead: 2 & 3 Return" for the Nintendo Wii.



My wife and I don't have many games for the Wii; in fact, the only other games we have are Wii Sports and Guitar Hero 3. Well, my wife has fond memories of playing House of the Dead with her younger brother when they were both growing up, so I couldn't pass this up.



To really simulate the old arcade experience, I ended up purchasing 2 Wii guns, called the Wii Shoot Active Gun, off of eBay. The Wii Shoot Active Gun is made by a British company called Venom and are not available in the United States. I liked this gun for 2 reasons:
  1. The cost for both guns, including shipping, was less than $18
  2. The gun is shaped like a Walther P99 (my favorite gun)
So far, we've only used the Wii gun a few times with HOD and it takes some getting used to. I do like it and hope that it improves my HOD game play and scores! Both my wife and brother-in-law are kicking my butt and I'm looking for redemption.

If you really want a unique looking Wii Shooter Gun, check out Venom's Sega Licensed Hand Cannon for "House of the Dead: Overkill"! It's also not available in the States, but I've seen them available on eBay and Amazon.

No comments: