Friday, September 11, 2009

Review: EXiM Screen Protector

If you recall from my review of the SwitchEasy Colors case (here and here), SwitchEasy included 2 screen protectors to use with the iPhone 3GS.

Unfortunately, the screen protectors didn't last very long as scratches developed on the screen protectors in less than a day of heavy usage. I'm a bit anal about these things and decided to go back to a tried and true screen protector that I had used on my Sony Ericsson M600i - the EXiM screen protector.

The EXiM isn't cheap as they cost roughly $11 for a single protector. However, let me tell you that the EXiMs can take a beating and are very scratch resistant. Here's some marketing copy from their packaging:
The EXiM SPUC is made of patented glue-free silicone rubber adhesive coating which makes it washable and reusable. What's more, the EXiM SPUC is made of Japan-made highly engineered P.E.T. film which offers excellent optical clarity and anti-scratch performance. It is highly durable and can last for a long period of time under normal usage.
I ordered the EXim through eBay and here's what I received:





Applying the screen protector was easy, but be sure to really wipe off all of the dust from your iPhone first. You don't want any dust trapped between your iPhone and the screen protector as that'll cause air bubbles to show up.



I've had the EXiM screen protector on for over a month now and it's still scratch free. It looks as good as the day I received it. Not only am I using this on my iPhone, my wife is also using it on her BlackBerry Bold.

PS - I purchased the EXiM screen protectors from eBay seller "pda-now". He's based in Hong Kong, but is quick with the shipping.

No comments: