Sunday, September 13, 2009

Review: Taco Bell's Nacho Crunch Burrito

As I've said before, I'm a sucker for the marketing. Watching all that college football on Saturday meant that I saw the Taco Bell commercial for their new 1/2 pound burritos about 80 times. I couldn't find the commercial on YouTube to share with you, but it's the one with Evander Holyfield where he orders one of the 3 new burritos that Taco Bell is offering:



Well, the wife and I were getting some gas for the car today and on the way to the gas station, we passed by a Taco Bell. I couldn't help but comment about the burrito and the Holyfield commercial, so the wife insisted that I get it (I'm sure she just wants me to get it so I don't constantly comment on the burrito every time we pass by a Taco Bell).

Well, first of all, the Nacho Crunch burrito didn't look like the photo above. However, it sure was tasty!



The burrito had the following:
  • Ground beef
  • Nacho cheese sauce
  • Strips of tortilla chips
  • Tomatoes
  • Sour cream
There was a good amount of sour cream and nacho cheese sauce throughout, so every bite was flavorful. The only issue I encountered is that you need to eat the burrito quickly! Because there is so much sauce, the tortilla chips which is supposed to give the burrito its crunch got very soggy.

My verdict: If the Nacho Crunch Burrito stays on the menu for $1.99, I will definitely get it again.

No comments: