Thursday, September 10, 2009

Review: Wendy's Honey BBQ Boneless Wings

Wendy's commercials for their new boneless wings have been all over the TV lately. One can't help but see them while watching college football on TV.

Well, the wife and I couldn't decide what to have for dinner the other night and since we didn't want to cook, we headed out for fast food. I must be a sucker for the marketing because we ended up at Wendy's and I decided to give their new Boneless Wings a try.



The honey BBQ wings I ordered came in a nice secure package that kept the wings warm and the sauce from dripping. The wings looked promising and I was hoping that they would be moist and tender with a lot of flavor; unfortunately, the wings turned out to be quite dry with the only flavor coming from the honey BBQ sauce (of which there wasn't enough). I ended up using some Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce that I had in the fridge to finish eating them. Given this experience, I'd be hard pressed to try the other 2 flavors - Bold Buffalo and Sweet & Spicy Asian Chicken.

Quite a shame, because I typically like Wendy's food....and my wife absolutely loves the buns Wendy's uses for their burgers.

No comments: