Monday, February 2, 2009

Pittsburgh Wins, but I Lost Wager

Congrats to the Pittsburgh Steelers! Super Bowl Champs! It was an exciting finish to the game.

BUT, it didn't have to be that exciting. The spread was 7 points and it never occurred to me that the Steelers' #1 ranked defense would let that 13 point lead get away. There went my Vegas bet!

I was hoping to:
Go to Vegas,
Get Money,
Get Paid!

The game reminded me of the Texas Longhorns vs Ohio State Buckeyes in the 2009 Fiesta Bowl. The Longhorns couldn't hold the lead to cover the spread and cost me $3k. I had expected the Longhorns to dominate on offense with all their speed, but it didn't happen. Like the Steelers (or were the Steelers like the Longhorns?), the Longhorns had a last minute scoring drive at the end to win.

No comments: