Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sold the Walther P22

Well, I hated doing it , but the time had come. I sold the Walther P22. If you recall, I purchased the P22 in March 2009 and used it to learn how to properly/safely handle a firearm and shoot. It was my very first firearm.



Ever since I picked up the P99 and then the T3, the P22 has sat in the safe. I was hoping that when I go to the range, the wife would join me and use the P22. No dice. As such, I decided I would rather sell it and have someone else enjoy the P22 rather than let it sit.

I placed an ad on the online gun forum I frequent and sold the P22 within 24 hours. Now with the funds, I'm hoping to pick up a bounce bag and use it to improve my JKD. If you don't know what a bounce bag it, here's a pic:


A bounce bag is great for places with limited space and/or no place to hang a punching bag. I'll be using the bounce bag to work my lead straight and lead hook kick with hopes of refining my mechanics and developing more power. So far, it's been hard to find in Los Angeles. I've gone to a few martial arts equipment stores and none have had them in stock. I would order online, but I'm not interested in paying $70+ for shipping. Hopefully, I'll find one locally soon.

No comments: