Sunday, December 20, 2009

Nighthawk Custom T3

Well, the day finally came. My 10-day waiting period is up and I was finally able to pick up the T3.

All is I can is "wow"! It is one of the finest pistols I have ever held. Everything just feels solid and tight. Racking the slide was a bit tight, but should get better once I've had a chance to run 500 rounds through it. The trigger is nice and smooth...very light. The Diamond Black finish looks terrific and from what I understand is the best finish that Nighthawk Custom offers.





Because I live in CA, Nighthawk Custom wasn't allowed to put the magwell on the T3. Instead, they included it in the package so that the owner can either install himself or have it installed by the gunsmith. Not sure yet if I'm going to install it, but will take my time making that decision. I'll be sure to send a quick email to Nighthawk and ask if there's anything in particular I should be aware of for installation. From the looks of it, it's basically punching the pin (out of the bottom of the main spring housing), install the magwell, and punch the pin back in. I'm hoping it's that simple.



A nice surprise I found in the Nighthawk paperwork was a magazine offer - 6 blued magazines or 4 stainless steel magazines for $100 plus shipping (roughly $109). That's too good of a deal to pass up and I'll be taking them up on their offer.

No comments: