Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Worst Career Choice...EVER!

As it turns out, my situation at work got worse. I got thrown under the bus and have the tread marks on my back to show for it. A month ago I was told I had the smoothest running project of the 5 projects the company was undertaking in a massive website redesign initiative. Yesterday, I was told I wasn't doing my job and that I would be written up for it during mid-year reviews.

My reaction was WTF! You have got to be kidding me. The reason for the sudden turn? The Dev Director complained that I did not have all the business rules for a particular component thought through. Are you fucking kidding me? We're a fucking agile shop - we do this all the time. It's our fucking process...and he calls me out for this!

I've had it with this place. Accepting the offer to work here is hands down my worst career choice! I should have stuck with my previous job, even though we went through 4 rounds of layoffs in 3 months. I would have been happier there.

I have excellent references from all my previous employers. I know I didn't get stupid overnight nor did I forget how to be a good Product Manager. If you need a reminder of how bad my current company is run, just read this and this.

Maybe I should get myself this for Xmas:

No comments: