Monday, December 28, 2009

Grow the Company by Waiting for the Market to Turnaround

Well, here's another sure sign that I'm working for the wrong company. Rather than try to take market share from our competitors or come up with new products that users would get excited about, we're counting on the market/economy to turn around to drive the company's growth for the next year or two.

I don't know about you, but waiting for the pie to get bigger is not my idea of a successful corporate growth strategy. What makes our executives think that the economy will turn around and drive 20%+ growth next year? Seriously, I need to find out what they're smoking.

If I was running the company, I would never depend on the economy to be the only driver of the company's growth. Why place the company's future on something the company cannot control? How about trying to take market share from competitors? How about improving the current website by optimizing it (to improve conversion and click through rates)? Oh, right....that involves work and sound business fundamentals. Items that are non-existent at the company.

Sigh...I need a new job.

No comments: