Saturday, December 19, 2009

A1 Commercial...the Car, not the Steak Sauce

Living in Downtown Los Angeles can be interesting. When walking around the area, you run into all kinds of people - from your local area merchants to tourists to transients. One of the more interesting things you can run into are film shoots/production. With most of the major Hollywood studios nearby, a lot of television, major motion pictures and commercials get filmed in the area.

For example, the final battle in the first Transformers movie was shot in Downtown Los Angeles by 9th Street and Broadway. The new FlashFoward television show on ABC is based in Los Angeles. Although in episode 10 where the two agents traveled to Hong Kong was just shot in L.A.'s Chinatown...quite cheesy if you ask me.

Last night, one of the European car brands was shooting their latest commercial near where I live. It was an Audi (much to my delight) and it was the new Audi A1.

I couldn't get any up close pictures. The crew had the A1 in camouflage; then when they removed it, I couldn't get close enough to get a good shot.



I did however get some shots of them filming the commercial which are below. Not the best pics (since I only have a point and shoot camera), but hopefully you'll enjoy them.









The premise of the commercial is that when the A1 pulls out of the parking garage (pics 1 & 2), it gets pulled over by the police (pic 3). The A1 stops, but then makes a break for it by speeding away (pic 4). I hope Audi isn't trying to imply that Audi drivers are criminals! D'OH!

I can't wait to see the finished product. I hope this means that the Audi A1 is coming to the States, because there are reports that it may not come to the US market.

No comments: