Friday, May 20, 2011

Discreet Rifle Case

After finishing my AR-15 build, it was time to find a rifle case. However, I didn't just want a regular case that screams rifle. I wanted a discreet case - one that I could carry to my car without anyone thinking that I'm carrying a firearm.

After much searching and missing out on a few cases at various online retailers and forums, I finally found one on Amazon.com that I liked. I ordered one of the last 2 cases and it arrived today.



It fit my AR-15 with room to spare. In fact, there's enough room for another rifle! Maybe a shotgun one day. :-P



What's also great about the case is that there is a front zippered section that has compartments to hold 4 magazines for the AR-15, elastic to hold 8 handgun magazines, and a holster to hold a handgun. Check this out:



So now, when I go to the range with the AR-15, I can also carry my handgun in the same case. No need to carry multiple cases, although my ammo will definitely be in a separate range bag.

Oh....and if I ever need to evacuate due to any emergency, the rifle case has shoulder straps so that I could carry the case like a backpack like so:



I'll have this on my back, emergency kit in my hand, and we'll be ready to go.

No comments: