Friday, January 29, 2010

Some Goodies for the Nighthawk T3

Here are some goodies that I got for the Nighthawk Custom T3 prior to my leaving/losing my job. Now that I'm free of the work drama, I'm hoping to blog more regularly and get back to normal. :-)



First up are 2 boxes of Winchester Supreme Elite ammunition that I purchased from a local Big 5 Sporting Goods.


Ammunition is hard to come by in greater Los Angeles. I'm not sure about the rest of the country, but ammunition is still just trickling in...a few boxes at a time. The Walmarts are basically empty when it comes to handgun ammo and when I saw these 2 boxes at Big 5, I knew I had to snatch them up.

I have 2 other boxes of jacketed hollowpoints by Winchester, but these are a step (or 3) above those and I didn't want to be cheap when it comes to protecting my family. The Winchester Supreme Elite were roughly $23 per box (of 20 rounds) so a little over $1 a round. The other JHPs were $24 per box of 50 rounds. Here's hoping that I never have to use them. (Knock on wood!)

Next up is a leather paddle holster that I'll be using with the T3 when I take my next handgun training class.


It's a Safariland holster (model #560-53) that I purchased off of eBay for a little over $30. This holster will fit a full size Government 1911 to a subcompact 1911.

From what I can tell, this holster is no longer being sold by Safariland; however, the Wilson Combat Adjuster holster (that retails for $120) looks very much like the holster above. I wonder if Safariland is repackaging this holster for Wilson Combat? Inquiring minds would like to know, because the price difference (in my case) is $90. I wonder how much the Safariland holster originally retailed for?

Now, I just need to find a leather dual magazine holder for the 1911 and I'll be all set for my next class with Greg Block. Anyone have a suggestion on what I should consider/get? Thanks!

No comments: