Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Review: Taco Bell's Beefy 5-Layer Burrito

Enough posts about work...they're depressing me. Let's get to a quickie review of Taco Bell's latest addition to their Value Menu, the Beefy 5-Layer Burrito.

If you've been watching any of the college football bowl games on TV, I'm sure you've caught the Taco Bell commercial for the beefy burrito. Well, I certainly have and as I'm a sucker for the marketing, I had to try it out.



The 5-layers consist of:
  • Flour tortilla
  • Nacho cheese sauce
  • Seasoned ground beef
  • Refried beans
  • Sour Cream
The first bite was great. I had a great big helping of the seasoned beef, a ton of nacho cheese and a big dollop of the sour cream. Unfortunately, things went south from there. The next bite would turn out to be the last bite of beef and sour cream. After that, it was all beans and nacho cheese sauce. Yes, I realize that I should not be expecting much for $0.89, but the person who put my burrito together could have spread the beef, beans and sour cream more evenly. It was just very disappointing.

My verdict: skip the Beefy 5-Layer Burrito. You'd be better off with one of the tacos (either the soft or crunchy taco).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Then wherever you got yours from didn't make it correctly. I'm sorry to hear your experience was ruined by some idiot... Had *I* made it, it'd have a little under twice the beef. Haha.