Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Review: JJ Cafe's Baked Pork Chop Rice

From an earlier baked pork chop rice review, a commenter asked if I tried JJ Cafe's Baked Pork Chop Rice. Well, I finally stopped by over the weekend and here's my review.



Per my first post on this blog, I judge baked pork chop rice on the following criteria:
  • Tomatoeness
  • Flavorful rice
  • Lightly fried pork chops
  • Amount of cheese
  • Overall texture
JJ Cafe's Baked Pork Chop Rice:
  • The sauce was very creamy - it had a tomato soup taste to it. Definitely not typical for baked pork chop rice. It wasn't bad, but not what I had expected.
  • Fried rice base w/ eggs and some mixed veggies. Like Sunday Bistro, there were sliced mushrooms thrown in.
  • There were 4 pork chops and each were fried with very heavy batter. I would have preferred that it have less batter as once the sauce soaked in, it became very soggy.
  • Lots of cheese.
  • Overall texture was good - ratio of sauce to rice was just right as it was neither soggy nor dry.
On a scale of 1-5 (with 5 being the highest), I give JJ Cafe's Baked Pork Chop Rice a 3 rating. I'll probably return to see if they put their own twist on other classic dishes.

1 comment:

girlLawyer said...

Haha, thanks for the review! I was curious to see what your impression was. Maybe I should check it against Sunday Cafe again.