Sunday, October 28, 2012

My Current Everyday Carry

I thought I would share the small list of items that I carry on a daily basis.
 These items include:
  • Mont Blanc Money Clip
  • Prada Credit Card/ID Holder
  • Keys on a Tod's Leather Key Holder
  • Sypderco P'kal Knife
  • Leatherman S3 Flashlight
  • Leaterman Squirt S4 Multitool
  • iPhone 5
  • Glasses (not pictured)
There's not much to say about 4 of these items, but I will elaborate on the knife, flashlight and multitool. The multitool is very helpful when opening packages, needing a small screwdriver, etc. Plus, it's small enough that it won't freak anyone out in today's society since even a Swiss Army Tool appears to be frowned upon as a weapon. The flashlight is for when I need a little bit of extra light or for those night time situations where a light could be very helpful.

The knife, which I keep hidden and never show to anyone, is what I call my equalizer. While I like to think that I can take care of myself should the situation arise, I need something just in case I'm confronted by more than a single individual (which is most often the case in an attempted robbery or while being attacked). Of course, there are times when I won't be able to carry the knife, such as when traveling by air or going into government buildings. In those instances, I carry a thick metal pen to use as a jabbing instrument.

Am I paranoid for carrying a knife and flashlight with me? Perhaps, but I rather have it and not need it THAN to need it and not have it.

No comments: