Monday, November 16, 2009

No Heart!



After the game against ASU, I was calling this year's USC team a mediocre team. I didn't get a chance to blog about it, but articulated these thoughts to my Trojan buddies. My prediction that USC would lose 3 games was coming closer to reality. Clearly, this USC team isn't the same type of team we've seen the previous 8 years. After the thrashing Stanford gave us on Saturday, I'm here to say something much worse - This year's team has "no heart".

I hate to say it, but I have to call it as I see it. SC gave up after Barkley's pick 6. There was no fight left in the team...and after the game, a good part of the team ran off the field without shaking hands with the Stanford team. For a team that is supposed to live by the mottoes of "Always Compete" and "Fight On", this was embarrassing.

I personally have been on losing teams. When I played Frosh basketball during high school, my team went winless for the season. Yes, you read that right - WINLESS. But through it all, we always played hard and we played to the best of our abilities. And after the game ended, we always shook hands with our opponents. Being a Trojan and someone who values good sportsmanship, I am ashamed of those players who quit and just ran off the field.

I'm not going to belabor what is wrong with this year's team. There's enough people doing that as the SC blogosphere has been going apeshit since Saturday afternoon. We have 2 weeks to lick our wounds, get somewhat healthy, and prepare for our final 2 games - against UCLA and Arizona. We'll see what this team is made of as neither game is going to be easy given how the entire team has played the last 4 weeks.

Fight On!

No comments: