Monday, October 12, 2009

Review: Burrito from Tacos Tumbras a Tomas

Well, the wife and I had a craving for carne asada burritos today and I headed to Tacos Tumbras a Tomas to satisfy that urge.



Tacos Tumbras (located at the Grand Central Market in Downtown Los Angeles) is known for their huge portions - be it for their tacos, tortas or burritos. It was near the end of the day when I strolled on in, so their portions get slightly bigger than usual. Check out this bad boy to see what I mean!



Yes, that is a 12oz can of soda (or in this case, a 12oz can of Chinese Lemon Ice Tea).



The burrito was generously filled with:
  • 4 scoops of marinated carne asada
  • 2-3 scoops of rice
  • 1 scoop of beans
  • Generous helping of chopped raw onions and cilantro
  • 2 big spoonfuls of hot sauce (your choice of green or red sauce)
With the burrito (and almost everything else here), it's all about the meat and the amount they give you. As you see above, we're not talking Taco Bell sized burritos. The burrito literally requires a knife and folk to eat! The asada was very flavorful (as is their other meats - carnitas, cabeza, lengua, etc.) although a bit on the dry side today (probably the result of my going at the end of the day).

As you can see, I had no real complaint!



It was a good thing I was hungry, because on any other day, that would have been good for 2 meals. I'm stuffed...not bad for $5.50.

Tacos Tumbras a Tomas
317 S Broadway, Stall A5
Los Angeles, CA 90012
(213) 620-1071
Mon-Sun, 9am - 6pm

No comments: